Whatever your needs, Volvo have a truck suited for you.
Volvo Trucks have been a proud part of Australia’s road transport industry since 1967 – when four trucks were put to work with Mayne Nickless. Since the factory opening at Wacol, Queensland in 1972, Volvo has been creating reliable Australian designed transport solutions for customers throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific region.
Volvo Trucks have always had strong ties in Western Australia. In 1970, Max Winkless Pty Ltd was opened as the Volvo WA Dealer at Abernethy Road, Kewdale. During the first year of business, the company delivered 6 trucks (all FB88) and have grown since then to the current delivery rate of 220 trucks per year – making Volvo trucks one of the leaders in the heavy duty truck market in WA.
To meet each customer’s requirements for more efficient and specialised applications, each truck is matched and adapted to its particular use. To meet Australia’s tough operating conditions, all products undergo extensive testing for durability prior to each model release.
From crossing Australia’s outback to driving in dense city traffic, Volvo Trucks has a history of driving progress unlike any other. Offering 6 models across the range to suit all applications, there are plenty of choice when it comes to a Volvo Truck.
Our range of Volvo Truck Models:
- FE model – Possibly the world’s most versatile truck for city duty. Equipped with a D7F high torque and high responsive common rail engine – it is perfect for regional transportation, refuse handling, refrigerated haulage through to light construction duties.
- FM model – A highly efficient and powerful truck perfectly suited for regional distribution and long haul with a super comfortable cab so pleasurable that the driver can concentrate fully on the task of running the truck! The FM range comes with a choice of two engines – D11C and D13C – powerful but highly fuel efficient.
- FMX model – Everything about this truck screams heavy duty! This truck is specially designed for heavy construction work where other trucks fear to tread. Extensive range of axle configurations, six cylinder engine and fuel efficient I-shift gearbox for heavy occasions, heavy loads and demanding terrain makes this truck highly recommended for the hardest, harshest working conditions.
- FH model – Offering world leading driveline, safety and comfort to tackle long distance haulage – this model is built to meet these demands mile after mile. D13C engine in combination with I-shift transmission – delivers massive power with fuel savings.
- FH16 model – 700HP never looked so good! Impressive right? What about 3550Nm torque? That’s a number to go bananas over! This drive line is the ultimate solution for heavy haulage, construction and long haul. The ultimate driving experience by far.
Click on the PDF’s below for Volvo Trucks model specifications:
Volvo Truck Interactive Overview
Through instructional videos and vehicle handbook excerpts, these interactive handbooks provide hands-on instructions for use and maintenance of Volvo trucks. They include operational instructions as well as guides to using the driver controls and understanding the dashboard instruments. You will also find instructions for basic maintenance operations and information about various safety features. The 3D mode available provides a comprehensive overview of the vehicle functions and features included in the manual.
Volvo Truck Accessories:
Our responsibility doesn’t stop with us handing you the keys. It’s only the beginning. Want to learn how to ‘Maximise Your Ownership’? See for yourself – Click here.
Keep up to date with the latest new truck promotions:
Whether you’re sitting in your truck or doing something else, Volvo Trucks offers a range of useful and entertaining apps for your iPhone, iPad or other smartphone or media tablet! These can all be downloaded from the iTunes App Store and Google Play!